Isn’t it true that the sky’s the limit? Even though F9 transported Tej and Roman to space, the Fast & Furious franchise is no longer the same. The film series, which began as a narrative about racers and fast vehicles, has expanded into a global action brand. Fast & Furious has travelled a long way from its street racing roots over the previous nine films, but this manic joyride is now nearing its end.
Fast & Furious 10, officially titled Fast X, will be the series’ last instalment, concluding the exploits of Vin Diesel’s Dominic Torreto. Although not much is known about the film, we do have some information to give about the highly anticipated action film. So far, here’s all we know about Fast X, including release dates and trailers, as well as cast, production details, characters, and narrative information.
Is there going to be a Fast & Furious 11?
Fast X may be the franchise’s final chapter, but it won’t be completed in a single film. The film will be divided into two sections. “Part of the reason Fast 10 has to be split into two films is because there is so much material to cover. There are so many places and spots in the globe that we must see “During a press event for F9, Vin Diesel stated.
So they’ll be known as Fast X and Fast XI, or Fast & Furious 10.1 and 10.2. In any case, this isn’t the end of the narrative.
When Will Fast X Be Released?
The first instalment of Fast X is set to be released on May 19, 2023. The last film, F9, had one of the most successful theatrical runs of the pandemic period, so unless anything truly terrible occurs, we’ll be seeing the forthcoming feature in cinemas.
Fast X was supposed to arrive in April 2021, however that date was pushed back due to F9’s problems. It was then scheduled to be released on April 7, 2023, but has since been pushed back again. There’s no news on when Part 2 of the film will be released, but we’ll surely find out soon enough.
Is there a trailer for Fast X?
We have yet to see a trailer or teaser for Fast X, but that is about to change with the revelation that the first video will be released online on February 10 and a Super Bowl commercial will broadcast two days later. With recent films like Jurassic World: Dominion and Nope, Universal used a similar marketing strategy.
Who Is in the Fast X Cast?
While the official cast list for the film has yet to be finalised, fans can anticipate the majority of the main actors to return. Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, Sung Kang, Nathalie Emmanuel, Charlize Theron, Helen Mirren, Jason Statham, Lucas Black, Shad “Bow Wow” Moss, Jason Tobin, John Cena, and Anna Sawai are among the cast members. Don Omar and Tego Calderon may potentially reprise their roles as Rico Santos and Tego Leon. Aquaman actor Jason Momoa will also be introduced to the franchise in the future film, with his casting announced in January 2021. Daniela Melchior (The Suicide Squad) has also been cast in the film.
Kurt Russell may potentially return for the film, given his character’s fate after the last film remains uncertain. There have also been suggestions that Gal Gadot’s character may be brought back, so she may appear. Cardi B has also stated that she will appear in the final episode. And because Vin Diesel has been aggressively attempting to persuade Dwayne Johnson to return to the franchise, there’s always the possibility (however remote) that we’ll see the Rock in the last chapter as well. Scott Eastwood, who played Little Nobody in the eighth film, will also return for the tenth chapter despite missing out on the ninth.
In other casting news, Captain Marvel star Brie Larson has been cast as a character named Tess, who might play an enemy. Alan Ritchson, who stars in the Amazon Prime Video series Reacher, has also been hired in a mysterious role. But it’s not all quiet, as Vin Diesel has revealed that Hollywood icon Rita Moreno will play Dom’s grandma in the film.
Who Are Fast X’s Main Characters?
Almost all of Dom’s family is anticipated to return for Fast X. Here’s a short rundown of the key players:
- As the father of his extended family, Vin Diesel plays Dominic Toretto, a former street racer turned worldwide force for good.
- Michelle Rodriguez plays Letty Ortiz, Dom’s wife and a great racer and fighter.
- Jordana Brewster plays Mia Toretto, Dom’s sister who is married to his closest friend Brian O’Connor (the late Paul Walker) and has two children with him.
- Jakob Toretto, Dom and Mia’s estranged brother, is played by John Cena. He is a former black-ops agent and the main adversary of F9, yet at the conclusion of the film, he has reunited with his family.
- Tyrese Gibson plays Brian’s old colleague Roman Pierce, a fast-talking charmer with a lot of aptitude behind the wheel.
- Tej Parker, another old buddy of Brian’s, is played by Chris “Ludacris” Bridges. Tej is a superb mechanic and a technological specialist.
- Sung Kang plays Dom’s longtime buddy Han Seoul-Oh, who was thought to be dead until F9.
- Ramsey, a skilled hacker, is played by Nathalie Emmanuel.
- Cipher, the villain of The Fate of the Furious and a deadly cyberterrorist, is played by Charlize Theron.
- Magdalene “Queenie” Shaw, the mother of Deckard, Owen, and Hattie Shaw, is played by Helen Mirren. She’s the matriarch of the Shaw family and Dom’s occasional ally. She, like him, constantly prioritises family.
- Deckard Shaw, Queenie’s son and the guy who fans believed killed Han, is played by Jason Statham. He’s a former MI6 operative that Dom considers a foe.
- Mr. Nobody, played by Kurt Russell, is a mysterious intelligence operative who assisted Han in faking his death.
- Sean Boswell, Han’s old protégé and former Drift King of Tokyo, is played by Lucas Black. As of F9, Sean resides in Germany with his companions Twinkie (Shad “Bow Wow” Moss) and Earl (Jason Tobin), where they construct military rockets.
- Anna Sawai plays Elle, a new character introduced in F9 and the most recent addition to Dom’s group.
When Will Fast X Be Filmed?
Fast X production began in April 2022. The final two portions of the tale were supposed to be shot back to back. Locations for filming are said to include London and Rome.
Who Is Behind Fast X?
Justin Lin, who helmed all of the Fast and Furious films between The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift and Fast & Furious 6, as well as F9, was supposed to direct the project. However, the director has now left the project, citing disputes with Vin Diesel.
According to the latest rumours, French filmmaker Louis Leterrier has taken over as director of Fast X. Leterrier’s credits include The Transporter, The Transporter 2, The Incredible Hulk, and Now You See Me.
When and where will Fast X take place?
Fast X is supposed to start off where the previous film left off. The tale will take place mostly in the present day, with some flashbacks, like in F9. It’s intended to be a sprawling plot that takes the group all around the world, so expect exotic places and even more exotic automobiles.
What Is Fast X’s Plot?
We don’t know much about Fast X’s narrative yet, and following F9’s space-bound antics, there’s no knowing where this last chapter will go. We can, however, make some informed assumptions.
Given that this is the final narrative, Fast X may turn to the future generation of the crew, notably Dom and Brian’s children. Perhaps the film could conclude with a flash-forward showing how those children grow up to be the next great racing agents, like their parents. Jordana Brewster has also stated that she would want to see that in the final films.
If that’s the route the tale is headed, it’ll be more of a passing of the torch. And if that’s the case, we can undoubtedly anticipate the team to have some emotional moments with their children while battling to keep the globe safe for their sake. Of course, there is still the issue of the villain.
Deckard Shaw saw Han again in the last scene of F9, startled to see him alive. Shaw and his family may once again become adversaries of Dom’s group in the forthcoming film. Cipher, on the other hand, was still alive and on the run at the end of F9, so she could return as the antagonist.