Hulu error code RUNUNK13 is one of several Hulu error codes that indicate that the service is unable to play the requested movie or episode.
This error number is popular on Apple devices such as the Apple TV and iPhone, but it can also occur on other devices including the web player.
What Causes Hulu Error Code RUNUNK13?
When this issue occurs, you will often get the following message:
- Error playing video
- We encountered an error playing this video. Please try restarting the video or selecting something else to watch.
- Hulu Error Code: RUNUNK13
Hulu Error Code RUNUNK13 Causes
Hulu error code RUNUNK13 displays when you try to play a movie or programme on Hulu and the player is unable to finish the request. The error might be caused by corrupt data on your end, network connectivity issues, or problems with Hulu’s servers.
When attempting to play downloaded Hulu material, the episodes or movies may get corrupted. In certain cases, an issue with the Hulu app or web player itself might result in the display of the Hulu error number RUNUNK13.
How to fix Hulu Error Code RUNUNK13
Follow these instructions in order to resolve Hulu error code RUNUNK13. You have the option to discontinue Hulu at any time. If you reach to a conclusion and still get this error number, the fault is most likely on Hulu’s end, not yours.
- Reload the video or refresh the page. Reloading the Hulu website or backing out and picking your video again will usually clear this problem notice. If it works and the mistake does not reappear, you are finished.
- To determine if the RUNUNK13 problem is particular to the ones you’re using, try Hulu on a different device or web browser. If so, change to that web browser or device.
- Clear the cache and data from your Hulu app. This problem is frequently caused by corrupt data, thus this is a vital step. Clear the cache for the Hulu app if possible. If this is not the case, you may need to delete and reinstall the program to clear the cache. Shutting down and restarting your device may also help.
On Apple TV: You can’t clear the Hulu cache on Apple TV. Instead, restart your device by pressing the menu and home buttons together, then selecting Settings > System > Restart.
On iOS: Go to Settings > General > Storage > Hulu, then delete and uninstall the app. Reinstall it via the app store.
On Android: Go to Settings > Apps > See all apps > Storage and cache > clear storage, then clear cache.
On Fire TV: Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Hulu > Clear cache > Clear data.
- Updating your Apple TV or Amazon Fire Stick. Update your Android app or iOS app while you’re at it. This error code may appear if your programme is out of date. If necessary, uninstall and reinstall.
- Check for an iOS update or an update Android. Check to see whether a newer version of the Hulu app is available once you’ve updated the firmware on your device.
- Clear your web browser’s cache. If you’re streaming Hulu on your PC, try emptying the browser cache. Corrupted data in the cache might prohibit you from playing particular episodes and movies.
- Update your web browser. If you try to upgrade Chrome, Firefox, or another browser, the Hulu web player may not operate properly. Sometimes simply closing and restarting the browser is sufficient, but you may need to go through a more difficult procedure to update things.
- Restart your computer. Restart your device after completely shutting it down. If you’re using a computer, make sure you shut it down rather than simply putting it to sleep.
- Check your network connection. Slow internet isn’t generally the source of this problem, but Hulu does require a high-speed connection to function properly. Playback issues will occur if your internet connection is sluggish.
- Check your internet connection speed with the same device that is displaying the RUNUNK13 error code. If your rates are higher than the minimal Hulu standards, you should be ok. However, you might still be experiencing a networking issue that stops you from connecting to Hulu’s servers.
- Restart your network hardware. Restarting all of your network gear can usually resolve connectivity issues. To properly restart your router and modem, disconnect them from power and leave them unplugged for at least 30 seconds to one minute. Then reconnect the modem, router, and any other network devices you may have.
- Check to check if Hulu is down. At this stage, it appears that the RUNUNK13 issue is caused by a fault on Hulu’s end rather than yours. You may validate this with Hulu or by looking on social media.
What if Hulu is still down?
If you still encounter Hulu error code RUNUNK13 after completing all of these procedures and there is no mention of an outage on the internet, Hulu may be experiencing a more limited problem. In such a situation, you should contact them to offer any more information.