If you try to view Hulu in the UK, you’ll see an error message that says, “We’re sorry, our video collection can currently only be watched within the United States.” This is because Hulu isn’t “officially” available in the UK. Even if you already have a Hulu subscription, the streaming service will not operate in the UK.
Hulu does not have the right to broadcast its programming in the United Kingdom; it only has the rights to stream its content in the United States.
As a result, anyone outside the United States is unable to access its material.
Fortunately, there is a simple solution to bypass Hulu’s restrictions; all you need is a good VPN. This post will explain what a VPN is, as well as how to watch Hulu in the United Kingdom.
How to stream Hulu in the UK: A Quick Guide
To view Hulu in the United Kingdom, you’ll need a VPN that works with the streaming service.
Hulu is situated in the United States, and in order to access its content in the United Kingdom, you must use a VPN that offers dependable US servers.
Follow these easy actions to obtain one:
- Create a new account with Nord VPN
- Download and install the new VPN app
- Open your VPN and connect to a US server
- Go to Hulu.com
- If you don’t have a Hulu account, create an account (more on this below)
- Start streaming Hulu in the UK
How to register a Hulu account in the UK
After installing Nord VPN 63% off, you will no longer see the “we’re sorry, presently our movie collection can only be watched within the United States” issue.
However, Hulu has now implemented the second degree of protection by only accepting payments for Hulu subscriptions using a US credit card or PayPal account.
There are a couple of workarounds for this:
- You can ask a friend or family member in the US to register a Hulu account for you
- You can pay with an American Express card.
- You may purchase a Hulu gift card from mygiftcardsupply.com and establish an account from anywhere in the globe.
- (Mygiftcardsupply is a reputable website where you can buy a wide range of gift cards from anywhere in the globe.)
If you already have a US credit card, you can quickly create a Hulu account; however, this is not an option for most individuals.
The best way to establish a Hulu account in the UK is with gift cards.
To establish a Hulu account in the UK using gift cards, follow the procedures outlined below.
- Go to mygiftcardsupply.com
- Search for Hulu cards
- Choose between a USD$25, USD$30, USD$50 gift card (note that standard Hulu costs USD$14.99/month)
- Select if you want to make a one-off purchase or a repeat purchase every few months
- Proceed to checkout and confirm your purchase with your email address
- You’ll receive an email with a link. Click on that link, and that will give you access to your Hulu gift card
- Connect to a US server on Nord VPN 63% Off
- Create an account at hulu.com
- Go to Redeem a Gift Card | Hulu and enter the 10 or 12-digit code from the back of your gift card.
- Choose your State or Territory, enter your ZIP Code (you can do this by googling), and then choose Continue.
- Click I have an account: Choose the Sign in link. Enter your account email and password. Then, choose Sign In and Redeem
- Return to www.hulu.com
- Enjoy watching Hulu in the UK
Why isn’t Hulu accessible in the UK?
Hulu, like other streaming services such as Netflix, HBO Max, Disney+, and Amazon Prime, attempts to prevent users from seeing its material outside of the United States. The reason it does this is because of content licensing.
Hulu only permits viewers in the United States to see its programming in order to comply with the content licensing agreements it has with its partners.
Hulu does not have the right to broadcast its programming in the UK. If you are in the UK and try to stream Hulu, your connection will be blocked. Hulu achieves this via geo-blocking technologies.
When you connect to Hulu’s service, it is able to determine your location.
You will almost certainly be prohibited if you connect from outside of Hulu’s broadcasting zone (the United States).
If you get an error message that states “we’re sorry, presently our video library can only be watched within the United States,” you have been blocked.
How can I get past Hulu’s geo-blocks?
Hulu’s geo-blocking technology works by analyzing your IP address. When you connect to the internet, your device is assigned a unique IP address.
Your IP address (like the area code on a landline phone) carries unique information about your location. Hulu may scan this IP address and establish whether you are in the US or not. If it determines you aren’t in the US, it stops you from viewing its material.
The answer is yes.
You can accomplish this using a good VPN, such as Nord VPN 63% discount.
How do VPNs operate?
When you connect to the internet, you may use a VPN to mask your location. It accomplishes this by encrypting your data and employing a large network of servers. VPNs redirect your internet traffic through their servers.
When this occurs, the VPN encrypts your data and transfers it to an IP address in the location you specify. Your data is decrypted and forwarded to a local internet service provider once it reaches your selected server.
This procedure allows you to obtain an anonymous internet connection as well as allowing you to access the web from a virtual place of your choice. The VPN might make Hulu assume you are connected to their service from within the US. You will be able to access Hulu from anywhere in the world.
Will any VPN function properly?
VPNs are increasingly widely used and have a sizable business. As with anything this popular, there has been an invasion of both excellent and terrible VPN companies.
A good VPN like Nord VPN 63% Off will function with Hulu, poor ones will run into troubles. These problems emerge as a result of Hulu’s attempt to restrict VPNs. It achieves this by watching for abnormal quantities of connections originating from the same IP address. Customers outnumber IP addresses in most VPNs, particularly free VPNs.
Because of this, users are obliged to share IPs offered by such VPNs. This makes it simple for Hulu because there will be an inordinate volume of traffic connecting to their service from the same IP address. Hulu blacklists that IP address when this happens. Poor VPNs do not have procedures in place to circumvent these tests. Fortunately, the best VPNs do. To view Hulu in the UK with confidence, you’ll need a VPN that remains one step ahead of Hulu’s bans.
You need a VPN like Nord VPN for 63% Off. Hulu and these VPN services are playing a cat-and-mouse game. When a VPN’s IP address is banned by Hulu, excellent VPNs like Nord VPN 63% Off will terminate it and start a new one. This is how they maintain one step ahead of Hulu and it allows you to reliably stream Hulu in the UK.